5 PIECES OF ADVICE
Today’s Post is the kind of wisdom you want to tape to your fridge, have folded in your wallet so you see it everyday. You might want to safety-pin it to your jacket. You get the picture. It’s short, sweet and oh so good for you.
The 5 Pieces of Advice by Amercian Buddhist nun rockstar Pema Chodron are reminders to help us stay on the path of growth and vitality:
- The mundane details of our life eat us up. Therefore it is important to keep asking ourselves again and again: What is the most important thing? Since death is certain and the time of death is uncertain, what is the most important thing? Let that perspective be your guide.
- Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself. At the gut level, you might want to go for the most comfortable thing. Always go for the stretch. Sometimes the stretch is to stay, sometimes to go. Sometimes to say, Yes, sometimes to say, No. You don’t always know. The key is to be willing to go through the shedding and unmasking process.
- Rest in the insecurity. Remember that when we lose ground we habitually panic and look for something solid to hold onto: that’s a description of samsara. Go at your own pace. And don’t push it. But continue to train in resting with insecurity.
4. Don’t believe everything you think. If you can follow this advice, you will be in good shape.
- And take exactly what appears as your path.